22 septembre 2006

UN LIVRE UTILE 29

09/04/04
« I am possession of reason and will; I conceive ends and I desire pursue them; but if I am
them, I no longer feel master of the situation.»


«What I cannot be sure of, I cannot truly
»

«Passions, prejudices, fears, neuroses; spring from ignorance, and take the form of myths and illusions.»

«Knowledge liberate, as Epicurus taught long ago, by automatically eliminating irrational fears and desires.»

«We are all governed by despots -institution or beliefs or neuroses- which can be removed only by being analysed and understood.»

Lo

PS Si vous arriviez à déchiffer les mots manuscrits, vous seriez gentil(le)s de m'en aviser.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonyme said...

"but if I am prevented from attaining them"

"What I cannot be sure of, I cannot truly want"

 

Publier un commentaire

<< Home