20 octobre 2006

UN LIVRE UTILE 43


29/10/04
« The Case for Israel »
Alan Derskowitz
Check out the book for args...

I have just completed my first full day of MUN Conference. I was representing Richard Armitage, Deputy Secretary of State on the National Security Council of the U.-S..
So far, I am thrilled about this kind of event. Taking State Department stances on crisis ending around the world is certainly a stimulating intellectual exercise. It made be realize and understand the complexities behind policies development as well as the problems that can slip in or be misunderstood, leading to both dire consequences as well as unwarranted arcanes.

The group dynamics are fainting. Strong delegates representing Pod as well as the State Dept and certain key military positions. Also, the two delegates of Florida University are trying to take over the committee as poor attempt to win delegational as well as personal prices. Apart from the Chair, a Senior Georgetown student pathetically imitating G.W. Bush, these delegates have done little to convince any of the judges (Crisis committee) that they are indeed, prize winning delegates.

The conference has also been fruitful about developing relations with other delegates. I had lunch with two, W. and M., students, one of which proved to be a very intelligent experienced and determined fellow. He told me that he would be at McGill 2004 McMUN Conference. A guy from West Point has also shown skills at public debating and intelligent pragmatic thinking. I hope to see both of these fellows in Montreal when they come. I also intend, from now to Sunday morning, to work on a even wider front of developing relations. A lot of the people are extremely smart, many, far more than I would ever be, and they, often are the sons and daughters of diplomats and other state officials.

Tonight, we are having diner in Georgetown, are of the oldest places in DC, and equally one of the most charming ones as well. I have developed great ties with many of people on our own McGill delegation. J. lived up to my own opinions on her. She is aunt, tacktful, beautiful and excited by a lot of the same things I am. Getting closer, but I still and perhaps still pissed at something. Plus, I’ll be vice-chairing a committee for an entire week-end with her. Hope it turns out OK.

Two first days have been great. No reason to think that it would be otherwise tomorrow if I remain reasonable on the drinks tonight. For now, my stomach is taking down. I’ve been trying hard to keep my thoughts away from Yumiko. But it’s proved a diff. task so far, even though I have only been gone two days.

Lo

C'est à Washington, que Laurent a participé à cette autre simulation des Nations-Unies.

Note: Pour ceux qui s'intéressent à la cause palestinienne, il vaut la peine de consulter la réfutation des positions de Dershowitz qu'en font deux personnalités juives: Chomsky et Finkelstein.
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/23/1450216
http://list.nowar-paix.ca/pipermail/nowar/2005-November/001395.html