30 avril 2007

E-MAILS 9

Laurent vient d'apprendre le décès de la mère de l'un de ses meilleurs amis, celui avec qui il a résidé une partie de l'été dernier à Ottawa et avec lequel il a travaillé au parlement.

Mardi le 13 décembre 2005
To: Ben Nolan

Dear Ben, for a while I thought you were busy with exams, school, life. But I recently discovered the heartbreaking nature of your silence. I really wish, as the good friend that you are, actually the best friend I have made, that I could have been near you in these horrendously difficult times. This might sound absurd, but, if there is anything I can do for you within my present capabilities, please let me know.

I lived the passing away of the parent of a close friend a few months before meeting you at University two years ago. The memories I have kept of that understanding are still near. If you need to speak with someone, I’ll leave you my numbers and your more than welcome to leave me yours if you would like me to call you ( I have no BC phone or address). I know that I personally would be the type to hold back on talking in such circumstances. It would seem absurd to me and perhaps to you as well. No matter what, I will understand. I’m with you Ben.

Laurent

PS Cet étudiant de McGill va aussi perdre son père pendant le mois de décembre et Laurent en avril 2006. Difficile d'imaginer autant de deuils à assumer en si peu de temps. C'est une personne charmante, d'une grande sensibilité: un artiste. J'espère bien le revoir un jour. Vous pouvez lire l'hommage qu'il rend à Laurent dans les archives d'avril 2006, le 26.