20 août 2007

E-MAILS 25

Paris, 12 mars 2006

To: World MUN

Hey everybody. I just can bear accepting the fact that S... will not be representing us as a head delegate and I need to make a few things clear.

1) I have never seen and never even conceived, in my experience in MUN clubs at McGill University, club members voting for a head delegate after all the preconference work being accomplished. By definition, the head delegate is the person in charge of prep work before the conference, of structuring the group prior to departure. Normaly, this work is ten times smaller than what we have undertaken so far. The head delegate’s reward, or insentive for taking care of all the pre conference work, is being the head delegate at the conference (and in most cases not paying for the trip either!). This being said, the question today should not have been wheather S., L. or myself should be head-delegate but rather S. or S. because they, and myself, did most of the prep work. I, personally, without a second of hesitation, withdrew myself from that candidacy because I could never bear the guilt burden of taking the reward for another persons work.
2) Being the headdelegate does not involve that much work. It is, above all, a reward for the hard work that was put in to the project by the head delegate. It’s not a question of who will do the best job (I’m am certain that L. would do as good of a job as S.) – the results of it are rarely ever manifested anyways- it’s a question of systematic obligation by the members of the group to have their head delegate attend the conference daily meetings.
laurent